Refurbishment of Leeds Media Centre
Unity Property Services Limited (Unity) has partnered with Leeds City Council to design and deliver a significant regeneration project, namely the refurbishment of the Leeds Media Centre at 21 Savile Mount, Chapeltown, Leeds, LS7 3HZ. The project will be part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Unity wishes to procure a single Contractor to carry out alteration and refurbishment works to the existing Media Centre. The building comprises a three storey flat roofed block with a basement, originally constructed in 1921 and significantly modified since. The last major refurbishment of the building took place in 2001.
1.4 Scope of Works
The project comprises work on the existing building as generally shown on Nicol Thomas Architects elevations and floor plans drawings M4568.P.02, M4568.S.01 and M4568.P.01 and as further described in Nicol Thomas Architects Outline Schedule of Repair/Refurbishment Works Statement and Construction Cost Estimate dated March 2020, including:
• Removal of existing redundant plant from the roof, recovering the roof with a tapered insulation system
• Renewal of existing rainwater goods
• Removal and replacement of existing external building envelope components including windows and doors
• Repairs to the external building envelope
• Internal layout reconfiguration
• Repair, replacement and redecoration to internal areas
• Renewal of all sanitary fittings
• Renewal of the kitchen facilities to first and second floors
• Replacing the existing heating system
• Replacing the existing ventilation system
• Replacing the existing passenger list
• Alterations to existing building services installations including installation of some new ducted mechanical ventilation
• Works required under the BREEAM refurbishment category including the provision for renewable energy solutions.
The drawings referred to above are attached as Appendix XX
The scope of work for the refurbishment of the Media Centre has been prepared on the basis of the designs prepared by Nicol Thomas. The estimated cost for building works based on this design is £1,522,000 including an allowance for professional design fees incurred as part of the design and build package but excluding VAT.
The project is to achieve an assessment rating of 'Very Good' against BREEAM Non-Domestic Refurbishment and Fit-Out 2014, parts 2,3 and 4. T
UNITY PROPERTY SERVICES LIMITED
1st Apr 2021 / 31st Mar 2022