Sussex Medicines Optimisation in Care Homes Service – NHS/SOEPS/21.840 – ITT
Sussex NHS Commissioners are seeking bids from suitably qualified providers for the provision of a place-based Medicines Optimisation in Care Homes (MOCH) service as part of the Enhanced Health in Care Homes Programme (EHCH). The three places in Sussex are Brighton & Hove, West Sussex and East Sussex.
Contract start date = 01 February 2023
Contract end date = 31 January 2026 (plus Commissioner option for 2 years extension to 31 January 2028)
This contract is divided into lots: Yes. Tenders are invited for each place in Sussex – Brighton and Hove, East Sussex and West Sussex. Bidders may submit bids for one, two or all three places.
The service is offered for tender under a standard NHS contract for a period of 3 years
commencing on the 1st February 2023 with option to extend for a maximum of a further two
years. The total Financial Envelope for the maximum 5 year contract is £2,001,000 per annum,
i.e. £10,005,000 in total.
Closing date and time for Invitation to Tender (ITT) responses: 5pm on Monday 15th August 2022
Tender documents are available at https://in-tendhost.co.uk/soepscommissioning/aspx/Home.
The service will ensure
• A MOCH pharmacist and pharmacy technician will be available to care homes and the wider EHCH Multi-Disciplinary Team for support and advice Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) during business hours.
• Rational and safe use of medicines, this can be achieved through but is not limited to Structured Medication Reviews (SMRs).
• Appropriate medicines optimisation and medicines use to support the reduction of workload of General Practitioners (GPs) and other MDT members.
• That residents and/or their families/representatives or carers are given the opportunity to be fully involved in decisions about their medicines
• Lead on the implementation of safe medicines optimisation systems in care homes that also support waste reduction initiatives and medicines inefficiency.
• Support for residents and care home staff as part of the transfer of care process including timely identification of residents requiring medicines optimisation support when moving between health and social care providers and sectors.
In addition, MOCH teams will be expected to provide strategic leadership to their MDT, place and wider EHCH Programme Board including:
• Advising on the processes for safe transfer of care around medicines use when residents are moving between sectors.
• Supporting care homes to identify and improve their medicines optimisation processes, systems, and training needs for care home staff.
• Supporting pharmacy workforce development – including the provision of Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician trainee rotations for the specialism.
• In collaboration with system partners lead innovation for the development and implementation of effective MOCH initiatives across Sussex.
NHS SOUTH OF ENGLAND PROCUREMENT SERVICES
1st Feb 2023 / 31st Jan 2028