Out Of Hours Dental Service Tenders
The NHS commissions out of hours dental service tenders on behalf of different Foundation Trusts and Clinical Commissioning Groups within the healthcare system. These are often based within certain regions of the UK and focused on particular areas of a county or town/city.
What is Normally Involved in Out of Hours Dental Service Tenders?
Tenders are commissioned to ensure patients receive a high level of care and treatment when needing to use an out of hours dental service. Operating times of the service will be stipulated within the tender documents and can include late evening and weekend opening times, and can involve a dental helpline, advice and triage service to help manage service demand through appropriate use of out of hour dental care.
Some of the main requirements of a bidder involve a service user being able to access an out of hours dental service quickly by an adequately staffed service. Specific user groups should also be supported that could be vulnerable groups of people or certain population groups.
Depending on the expected number of patients for the out of hours dental service tender, minimum and maximum financial thresholds might be set. It is also important to note that TUPE may apply. If this is the case, commissioners sometimes submit a TUPE list from the current out of hours dental service provider detailing staff members that may transfer to the incoming provider to sustain their employment. It is important for bidders to do their own investigations into the implications of TUPE, including the cost of managing this process. See our tender GLOSSARY for more information on tendering terminology. We recommended seeking professional employment law advice on this matter, unless you have sufficient expertise within your Legal & HR department.
Within a dental tender, the premises used for the service will feature heavily within tender responses. Questions are often lengthy and involve topics such as:
- Practice Location – in terms of its suitability for use as an out of hours practice where patients can easily access the service such as nearby public transport links, free car parking, disabled access, etc. The practice will need to be large enough to meet expected demand levels, be equipped and furnished to a high standard, and be registered with the CQC, further information HERE. In some instances, the commissioner may accept submissions from proposed locations, i.e. those not yet in ownership/lease of the bidder, but will be ready once confirmation of award has been received. Additional assurance may be needed where this is the case such as a letter of intent from the landlord, or confirmation of funds for purchase.
- Patient Focussed Care & Treatment – confirming that you will provide the most appropriate care/treatment to meet the patient’s needs and that this be delivered in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Clinical Governance – seeking assurance that you maintain exceptional standards of service at your practice, including quality, safety, infection prevention and control, safeguarding, managing medical emergencies, audit arrangements, and learning from your experiences to continuously improve.
- Social Value – the additional benefit that you will deliver that goes beyond the initial requirement of the contract. This might include the creation of local jobs, additional economic benefit through a local supply-chain, engaging with community partners and residents, as well as any commitments that can be made in respect of environmental sustainability.
Financial Evaluation In Out Of Hours Dental Service Tenders
Before deciding to bid for a tender, one of your first considerations should be the financial evaluation side of the tender. Within the tender documents, it’ll discuss what financial assessment criteria must be met. These can include a turnover V’s contract value assessment, acid ratios, stress tests, letters from your bank and more. If your organisation can accommodate these criteria we can proceed in supporting you.
Out of Hours Dental Services Tender Writing
Your Tender Team will act as your dedicated bid writing team for any dental tender you wish to bid for. Writing a tender when juggling working in-practice isn’t easy, so we’ve got a tailored approach for dentists when it comes to tender writing.
Our FULL TENDER WRITE service will cover all of your dental bid writing requirements. We have an experienced dental bid writing team who solely write tenders in your sector. Using Your Tender Team to write your tender makes the process hassle-free as we will:
- Plan and research the tender responses for you
- Manage the tender clarifications on your behalf
- Assign you an experienced Tender Writer, responsible for the writing of the responses
- Help you collate all of the required info needed for the tender
- Handle the tender submission on your behalf
If you would like an experienced, results driven approach to writing any dental tender, then look no further. See further info on our WIN RATE. Should you be the incumbent provider or an ambitious dental practice wanting to win new business via a tender, we have the solution to support you. Please CONTACT US today to discuss our bespoke approach for you today.
Want to Write the Dental Tender Response Yourself? We Will Review Your Tender Submission
If you can dedicate the resources to writing the tender responses in-house, we can support you. It’s important for clients to assess the amount of work involved writing the tender themselves before deciding to opt for our REVIEW & EVALUATION service.
We will add value to your dental tender response by helping you plan your written responses, assist in the gathering of supporting documents required and be on hand to advise every step of the way.
Once you have written your tender responses, our team will offer feedback and guidance on them. This ensures that a professional bid writer has supported you with the process right up until submission.
Check Out What the Press Says About Us And Our Winning Tenders
It has been well documented that we have helped win a huge number of tenders for clients. In the East Midlands alone, we’ve won over £500m+ worth of tenders for clients. Check out one of our press features HERE.
How Much Do You Charge To Support With Out of Hours Dental Service Tenders?
We make it quick and easy for you to discover our rates to support you with your tender. If the tender isn’t live yet, CONTACT US to discuss how we can assist and timescales involved for the release of the tender. Call us on 0116 218 2700.
If the tender is live now, use our ‘Get a Quote’ tab on the right handside of the page now. You can upload blank tender documents or link to the tender notice to allow one of our team to get in touch with more information and a quote today.